Pasadena Dryer Vent Cleaning – Is It Really Necessary?
Like every other household appliance, and all their mechanisms, your dryer vent also requires regular cleaning. This is for the machine to properly function after clearing its vent of clogged particles, in particular, lint from clothes.
What is dryer vent cleaning?
This service is designed to clear up your lint trap and the ductwork to which your dryer is attached of lint buildup, dust accumulation. Within the ductwork, the technicians will also check for pest and insect infestation.
Benefits of Dryer Vent Cleaning
But far beyond this functional necessity, cleaning the dryer’s vent brings benefits that mean a lot to your family and your finances.
- Unclean dryer vents are major causes of home fires. Regular cleaning of the machine and its peripheral system puts you in a better position in terms of home safety.
Quick Facts: 1) House fires due to clogged and dirty lint trap and accumulation of particles within the ductwork connected to the dryer account for thousands of fire incidents in the United States, and 2), dryer home fires frequently happen in the winter and fall seasons, with peaks often recorded in January.
- Cleaning your dryer vent and the ductwork of your HVAC system can drastically lower your energy bills. This results from a better functioning of the dryer being able to dry clothes faster.
- Dryer vent cleaning is also a way to make your machine last longer, along with the usual maintenance services performed on the machine.
- Cleaning also results to a more efficient expelling or release of air and dust to the exterior of your house.
Estimated Cost of Dryer Vent Cleaning in Pasadena
Many homeowners feel hesitant to have their dryers inspected and cleaned due to the high cost that it may occur. The cost depends on the several factors, including:
- The demand – If you will have it cleaned during the peak season where there are many people hiring companies for cleaning, prices will be higher.
- The length of time it will take to clean the vent – If your dryer ductwork is long and it will take a long time to clear up the dirt accumulation inside, you might have to pay a substantial amount.
- High grade tools – If the cleaning company uses state-of-the-art tools, you can be charged higher than other services that operate from the same area.
On average, a cleaning service costs about a couple of hundreds of dollars. Even with additional services, such as the cleaning of your HVAC system to be carried out in the same deal, the total cost should not exceed $500.
Recommended Contractor for Dryer Vent Cleaning
Air Quality Express is one of the companies serving the residents of Pasadena and other areas in Texas. It’s good to try them first if you need your dryer and the ductwork to be inspected free of charge, and eventually negotiate for a price that you can easily afford.
Air Quality Express is committed to keeping the air quality and safety of the house of their customers, and they have proven a reliable track record of good customer service over the years.
For how frequent cleaning should be done, and advice on doing a DIY without compromising safety and ensuring that things in your house will be protected as you do the cleaning task, it is important to consult with the experts, like professionals from Air Quality Express.
Other related questions will be accommodated by the company via phone call or email.
Air Quality Express